My publisher, Norlights Press, tells me that pre-orders already are coming in for my new book, Why We Fish. It's a collection of essays exploring all of the many reasons that we go fishing.
You can read a portion of the book if you go here.
I wrote most of the content, but the following people also were kind enough to contribute, and I am very grateful to them for giving this book a variety of voices in exploring why we are so passionate about angling.
1. Dave Precht is vice-president of editorial and communications for B.A.S.S. He also is a great editor and good friend.
2. As one of world’s best known and most beloved anglers, Bill Dance began his television career in 1968 on an ABC affiliate in Memphis. He was B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year three times during the 1970s, and is a member of the International Game Fish Association’s Hall of Fame. He is also a good friend.
3. Dr. Bruce Condello is a noted expert on aquaculture and private pond management. He is a frequent contributor to Pond Boss Magazine, and owns BigBluegill.com website. He has been featured in In-Fisherman Magazine.
4. One of the most respected women anglers, Kathy Magers was a 2005 inductee into the Legends of the Outdoors Hall of Fame and a 2002 inductee into the Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. She was a Bass’n Gal National Champion and once guided former President George W. Bush on a six-hour fishing trip.
5. Ken Cook is managing editor of Fishing Tackle Retailer and a newspaper columnist living in Georgia. He shares his name with a long-time bass pro from Oklahoma.)
6. Owner of National Bass Guide Service, Steve Chaconas catches bass and snakeheads on the Potomac River and is a fishing friend of mine.
7. Ben Leal is an outdoor writer and program director for Recycled Fish, a conservation organization.
8. Timothy Chad Montgomery is an African-American whose life choices have been guided by his love for fishing and the desire to pass it on. A former competitive angler, he now is a vetrepreneur and works as a master baker.)
9. Teeg Stouffer is the founder and executive director of Recycled Fish, an organization that encourages conservation through stewardship.
10. Ross Gordon is president of Mystery Tackle Box. Gordon asked his thousands of followers on Facebook why they fish, and I included more than two dozen of the best responses in one of the essays.